Thank you for your interest in .SO.
Should you be interested in becoming a registrar, please fill in the form below, and we will send you the applicable documents.
Become a Registrar
Please find below the details of the policies:
- Sunrise Period: USD 90.00 for 3years.
- Landrush Period: USD 10.00 per 1year.
- Open Registration: USD 10.00 per 1year.
- Open TLD, No restriction, No local presence.
- We will provide API(EPP) and WEB interface.
- Items required will be the same as modern thick gTLDs.
- Add grace period: 5days.
- Autorenew grace period: 45days.
- Redemption period: 30days.
- Delete pending: 5days.
- Registrar Toolkit
- Java version
- Perl version
- The EPP RFCs
- 3730: Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
- 3731: Domain Name Mapping
- 3732: Host Mapping
- 3733: Contact Mapping
- 3734: Transport Over TCP
- 3735: Guideddnes for Extending EPP
GENERAL REGISTRATION POLICIES
- 1) Term:
- Sunrise domain names may be registered for a minimum of three (3) years, and a maximum of ten (10) years.
- Landrush domain names may be registered for a minimum of one (1) year, and a maximum of ten (10) years.
- Open Registration domain names may be registered for a minimum of one (1) year, and a maximum of ten (10) years.
3) Domain name length:
- Domains automatically renew at the end of their term (the expiration date).
4) Allowable characters:
- .SO domain names will be a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum 63 characters in length, excluding extensions as set forth by the registry.
5) Contact information:
- Only the Latin alphabet letters a-z, digits, and hyphens will be accepted until Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) are offered in the future.
- For the meantime the registry will not accept letters with accent marks, Cyrillic characters, and etc.
- Domain names beginning or ending with hyphens, as well as domain names with hyphens in the third and fourth positions are also prohibited.
- Registrants must provide accurate contact information for the following: Registrant, Administrative, Technical, and Billing As per the standing policy, contact data will be displayed in the WHOIS, except for that of Billing.
- Transferring domains amongst registrars after 60 days following creation is allowed under the condition that registrants follow the transfer procedures set forth by the applicable registrars, in which case a registrar-to-registrar transfer adds one year to the term of the domain name.
- Registrars therefore may charge registrants for the one year extension.
- Each domain may have up to 13 nameservers at any point during its lifetime.
- Domains with no nameserver will have an "inactive" standard EPP status, which means that it will not be published in the DNS zone file.
- This will not however affect its appearance in the WHOIS database.
Copyright (C) 2013 SO Registry, All Rights Reserved.